The UNLV Dental Simulation Course
Each year, pre-health and pre-dental students from all over the United States visit the UNLV campus in Las Vegas, Nevada to participate in the UNLV Dental Simulation Course.
The UNLV Dental Simulation Course is a two day experience, giving participating pre-dental students insight into both dental school and the dental profession. During the course, participants work in UNLV SDM’s advanced pre-clinical laboratory and will gain valuable hands on experience. The course will help to confirm your interest in dentistry and make you a stronger applicant!
During the course participants will be able to do the following:
- Make typodont impressions and pour them in stone.
- Learn how to build a competitive dental application
- Use a high speed dental handpiece and other dental instruments.
- Prepare cavity restorations using a high
speed dental hand piece and other instruments.
- Fill cavity preparations using both amalgam and composite.
- Identify normal dentition
- Model a central incisor in wax
- Earn a certificate of course completion
- Meet the Assistant Dean for Admissions and
Student Affairs and Faculty on the Admissions
- Dinner with student ASDA and ADEA chapters
of UNLV SDM
- Shadow Dental Students in our Saturday
Volunteer Clinic … AND MUCH MORE!
Each course is limited to 76 students. The cost of the course is $200 which includes lunch both days.
We allow refunds up to 30 days before the date of your registered course date.
2015 Simulation Course Dates
June 19th and 20th, 2015
Registration is Closed
If you have further questions, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org