The UNLV Dental Simulation Course
Each year, pre-health and pre-dental students from all over the United States visit the UNLV campus in Las Vegas, Nevada to participate in the UNLV Dental Simulation Course.
The UNLV Dental Simulation Course is a two day experience, giving participating pre-dental students insight into both dental school and the dental profession. During the course, participants work in UNLV SDM’s advanced pre-clinical laboratory and will gain valuable hands on experience. The course will help to confirm your interest in dentistry and make you a stronger applicant!
During the course participants will be able to do the following:
Each course is limited to 76 students. The cost of the course is $200 which includes lunch both days.
- Make typodont impressions and pour them in stone.
- Learn how to build a competitive dental application
- Use a high speed dental handpiece and other dental instruments.
- Prepare cavity restorations using a high
speed dental hand piece and other instruments.
- Fill cavity preparations using both amalgam and composite.
- Identify normal dentition
- Model a central incisor in wax
- Earn a certificate of course completion
- Meet the Assistant Dean for Admissions and
Student Affairs and Faculty on the Admissions
- Dinner with student ASDA and ADEA chapters
of UNLV SDM
- Shadow Dental Students in our Saturday
Volunteer Clinic … AND MUCH MORE!
We allow refunds up to 30 days before the date of your registered course date.
2016 Simulation Course Dates
June 3-4, 2016
Simulation Course FAQs
If you have further questions, you may contact us at email@example.com